Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dr.'s Appointment

Jason and I saw our baby for the first time last night. The ultrasound was a very interesting experience. When we were first looking at the baby, it was sleeping, however it was very clear that the baby had the hiccups. What was weird was seeing the baby move with the hiccups up on the screen, I could not feel any movement. The ultrasound tech kept raving about how cooperative the baby was being and that she was able to get such beautiful pictures. At one point you could see the baby's spine perfectly and the baby was arching its back like a cat. Eventually to get the baby to move positions, the ultrasound tech poked at my belly to wake the baby up. Once the baby was awake it was on the move! It was so neat to see the movement on the screen simultaneously with the movement I was feeling. The kicks were so strong that the ultrasound tech was able to feel the kicks through the instrument.

We got some very good pictures that I will try to scan into the computer when I have more time. The overall results of the ultrasound is that we have a physically healthy baby (as far as we can tell at this point) that has 10 fingers and 10 toes :). Size-wise, the due date has remained the same, March 7.

***Check back by the end of the week, I hope to have some pictures up by then! :)

No comments: