Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

6 Months Old!









Although Macayla doesn't turn 6 months for a couple more days, as I look at my schedule over the next few weeks I decided I needed to take advantage of this last day at home before school starts. I was really wanting to take Macayla in to get professional 6 month pictures, but like I mentioned our lives are in fast forward right now!

6 Month Accomplishments:
  • Both Jason and I have sworn that we have heard "da" and "mom"...of course we know she didn't say it with any meaning behind it, we know we have heard it on a few occasions
  • Besides those sounds, Macayla is always "talking"
  • She easily rolls all over on the floor...she starts in one spot and it doesn't take her very long to get to where she wants to go! Roll, Twist & Turn!
  • Macayla has started at the babysitter full time and has adjusted incredibly. Although in the past few weeks, school age kids have been around, she will have a little boy who is 4 weeks older and another boy who is 1 1/2 years old to play with
  • When on her belly she can push up with her arms really high
  • She recognizes her name...most of the time
  • In the past week, Macayla has been able to sit on her own for up to 1 minute at a time
  • She smiles and gets excited
  • Her hungry, sleepy, and bored cries are definitely distinctive
  • She reaches to us when she wants us to pick her up
  • She loves to stand, and will do so whenever we let her
  • She loves the exersaucer
  • This weekend she started on baby food...so far so good with green beans
  • Continues to have rice cereal
  • Went on her first camping trip to Washington Island, which included her first ferry ride

No comments: