Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Minocqua Baby Shower











Last weekend my mom and sister's threw me a wonderful baby shower. Several months ago we were not sure if we'd be able to find a weekend that would work out. Although it was in the middle of January in northern Wisconsin, we lucked out with a wonderful weekend. What was extra special was that some of our out of town relatives were able to make it. On Saturday night my parents house was full! Aunt Lucia & Uncle Al, cousins Todd & Anna and Katie, cousin Kari, Tricia & Jeremy, Mom & Dad, Melissa, Jason & I. It was great!

The shower was very nice and included our close family friends in the area. At the shower Tricia and Melissa had us play a game in which we had to guess 6 different types of baby food. I got 4 out of 6 correct. After this experience I have concluded that I will not make our baby eat mac & cheese baby food...it was GROSS! The others weren't so bad: bananas, peaches, squash, peas and one other I can't remember.

The picture of the center piece was a gift I was given. It is a 3 tier cake created by diapers and baby toys. I had never seen anything like it! It was very cool.
***As a side note, yesterday and so far today I've followed directions and have kept my feet elevated as much as possible. :) My ankles are feeling better, however they flare up when I do walk around for awhile. I went to Walmart yesterday, was there about 45 minutes and afterwards I could feel the swelling start up again. I just have to force myself to continue elevating my feet!

1 comment:

The Thuente Family said...

I agree Mac & Cheese tastes terrible but Lillian LOVES it!!! I can't believe how close the big day is. Best wishes for a quick and easy labor!