Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

9/29/08 Dr.'s Appointment

The doctor's appointment today was pretty short. The doctor asked us if we had any questions for him. The one question Jason had, the doctor couldn't answer. Jason tried to get the doctor to give us his opinion of if he thinks it is a boy or girl. Of course the doctor doesn't have a thought either way since we haven't had the ultra sound yet. Jason tried to get him to tell us his thoughts based on the heartrate, but the doctor said that the heartrate is not a very accurate way to determine if the baby is a boy or girl.

The heartbeat registered in the high 150's again. When looking for the heartbeat the doctor pointed out that he could hear "strong kicks". Although I'm not sure if I've felt any kicks yet, it is good to know that you can hear the kicks! The strong sudden sounds that we heard were the kicks.

**Next appointment November 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Our appt. (at that stage) was really short too. I was frustrated because I had waited a whole month for it and they appt. was only 5-10minutes.
I started feeling our little munchkin at 18 weeks, but only occasionally (once every other day or so). Now it is NON-STOP! Today I had to leave a meeting we were at because she was kicking and it was so uncomfortable. I have found that laying down helps because it stretches the area out a little.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Amber Harrold

arnesona said...

Our doctor would not take a guess either:( We tried and tried to get him to say his thoughts, but no such luck. You will start feeling the little one very soon!