Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

September Recap






Well as can be expected, the first few weeks of the school year were hectic. On top of the typical hecticness (my own word :)), Jason was gone more than he was home, we needed to ask Jason's parents and my mom to help us with childcare for a few weeks and I was getting ready for a long-term sub. At least I didn't have coaching volleyball added to that list. As much as I am missing volleyball, I know it was the right decision to take the year off.

Maternity leave...I worked for the first 3 1/2 weeks of school and then have taken off for 6 weeks. This is one of the perks that hasn't been taken away from teachers...yet. Even though Kipton was born in June and I had all summer with him, I was still allowed to take up to 12 weeks off (of course not all paid). So starting, September 24 I became a stay at home mom...at least until November 7. I have been able to get some play dates scheduled. I have been allowed to be apart of the MOPS program at church during my leave. This is a group of moms who meet as a large group every other week and schedule play dates on the opposite weeks. During the large group we have a speaker and then are able to have conversation within the small group to reflect on what the speaker presented. It is a great support for women/moms.

I have posted some pictures I have taken during September.

*#1, taken in our yard on a beautiful Fall day
*#2, cousins!
*#3,at Bay Beach
*#4, we had great weather in September so we were able to take lots of walks
*#5, we finally finished Kipton's room. Special thanks to Mark, Jason's dad for making the wall decals and wooden letters!

No comments: