Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

2 going on 13???

Macayla is a very sweet girl....most of the time. Her personality is starting to really shine through lately. My hope is that it is "just a phase", but Jason and I will have our hands full if this is a picture into the future of a pre-teen. Below are just a few of the things that she is doing lately:

  • if she doesn't like what we are saying to her, she "shushes" us

  • this morning I opened the door so that she could start waking up gently on her own...with in 30 seconds, as I headed back to my room to finish getting ready, I heard her door shut. She shut her door and went back to bed! Guess she wasn't ready to wake up yet...haha

She does some of the typical, or what I am hoping is typical, 2 year old things as well:



  • dropping to the floor, on her belly, covering up her head, whining...when she doesn't get her way

  • refusing to go in the car seat...not all the time, but man it is sure hard to deal with when it does happen...let alone being so pregnant!

  • throwing stuff to get attention

However...how precious she can be makes up for the moments that are so challenging:



  • Her vocabulary and sentence building continues to grow

  • I love to hear her say "Love you" to us

  • She is fascinated with taking care of babies

  • If she thinks someone is upset, she comes and says "Are you okay?" and rubs their back

  • Her receptive understanding is growing just as quickly as her expressive understanding

  • She so desperately wants to be independent with everything

Okay, so that is just a snapshot into Macayla's world right now. I am sure there is plenty more, but this pregnancy brain thing I have going on makes remember things challenging! :)

No comments: