Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby Starke # 2: First Trimester Re-cap

Yes, the rumors are true...Jason and I are expecting baby #2 in June! Macayla already is pointing to my belly and saying "baby". It is very cute.

As you can tell from the previous post, our Fall was very crazy. On top of Jason being gone more than he was home, being in the middle of volleyball season and the start of the school year I was hit hard with early pregnancy symptoms. What hit hard first was the extreme fatigue. No matter how much sleep I got I could not feel rested. I was constantly yawning in the classroom and feeling like I could so easily nod off to sleep. This started about 2 weeks before we found out I was pregnant and last for the 4-5 weeks after finding out. By the time I took the test, I was already 5 1/2 weeks. I had a strong suspicion I was, but didn't have time to go buy the test...more like the energy to stop somewhere after practice and picking up Macayla. Jason was the one who actually ended up buying the test. I took it and with in seconds it was show a positive sign.

Jason didn't freak out quite as bad as last time. (Last time he left that same morning for Chicago and avoided talking to me all day). This time he was pretty calm, but told me that it was probably wrong...a false positive. The test was a double so I took the other one the following morning and as you would suspect, it was again positive.

By the start of week 6 the nausea started. It started earlier than when it did with Macayla and ended up being much worse. With Macayla I would feel sick if I didn't eat "soon" enough, but as soon as I ate I'd be fine for the most part. This time around I felt sick before eating and again 45 minutes after eating and it cycled ALL DAY LONG! From week 6 to week 12 I experienced terrible nausea. With Macayla I had about 4-5 weeks of not feeling well with only 2 weeks of really bad....this time around the whole 6 weeks were bad. Not 1 day was better then the next. Today was actually the first time I had been at work in 6 weeks that I hadn't felt like puking all day long!

Jason and I told our parents around week 7. With as much traveling as he was doing we decided to have him tell his parents over the phone, but while I was visiting for dinner. He got on the phone with his dad and asked him what was for dinner. His dad told him and Jason asked if he thought he had enough food. His dad said yes...why? Jason then stated that I was eating for 2. At this point his dad did not react but gave the phone to Jason's mom...Jason did the same thing with her. That weekend I went with Macayla to visit my parents. Jason went through the same routine with them. It wasn't the most creative but it was cute and did the job!

Last week Jason and I had our first appointment with the OB. We were able to hear the sound of the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It came in at 160....whatever that means :).

As I approach the completion of week 12 on Friday I hope I am finally on an up swing. It has been a rough several weeks but as rough as it has been, a few weeks of yuck is worth a lifetime of relationship!

No comments: