Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st Night of Swimming Lessons=Disaster!

We decided to sign up Macayla for swimming lessons at the YMCA that we have going to for the last year. Last night was the start of this new adventure. Jason was traveling back to town from Milwaukee and was going to meet us at the lesson. I got Macayla in the water and she immediately started splashing and squealing in delight. The start of the class had us at the shallow end of the pool with Macayla sitting on the ledge and me using a cup to "wash" her body. Then we had to do some bobbing. This did not mean putting her underwater, but just bobbing up and down to her shoulder level as I bounced towards the middle of the pool with all the other parents and babies. As I turned around to start heading back to the shallow end Macayla started to cough/gag...and no I did not accidentally get her low enough to swallow water. Anyways...she "spit up", I tried to catch it in my hand but barely got any of it. I started toward the side of the pool and as I was doing this Macayla projectile vomited all over me. It was like a faucet opened up. I some how manage to quickly get out of the pool and saw Jason coming into the pool area with no clue as to what he was going to walk up to. I was covered with puke and so was she! The lifeguard asked if it got in the water and I kind of looked at her like "duh!" We grabbed a towel and went into the family locker room. When we got in there all of the shower/bathroom rooms were occupied. So there we stood covered in puke with no idea what to do next. I held Macayla close to my chest to cover up the vomit on our bodies. Finally a room opened up and we were able to rinse off our suits....

We went back to the pool deck and they were all like "don't worry" "you'd be surprised how often this stuff happens" "it could have been way worse"....

I decided to take Macayla home but Jason wanted to sit in the hot tub and go in the sauna first...saying he'd be about an hour behind me. Well ten minutes into my ride home Jason calls me and says he is on his way home. He had sat in the hot tub, gone in the sauna, taken a hot shower, gone back in the sauna.... came back to the locker room and felt like he was going to pass out. He had not eaten lunch or breakfast! He said it got so bad that he had to lay on the locker room floor. (As gross as this is for all of us, Jason is the biggest germ-a-phobe I know...so he really had to been bad to do this). He started feeling better so he got up, only to feel like he himself was going to get sick! He took a cold shower and then finally felt well enough to get home.

Once home I needed to get cleaned up. As I get ready to take a shower I notice that I am now covered in a rash! All over my legs, arms and part of my back!

The rest of the night Macayla and Jason were fine...I took some benadryl and was fine...but MAN was that an awful evening! Better luck to us next week I guess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully this will make you feel a tid bit better:

This summer Brynn and I were at the pool and she pooped while in the baby pool. It came out of her diaper and was all over me. I told the lifeguards so that they could clean it, but they just said that they would "up" the chlorine. I didn't feel right about kiddos swimming in the pool with Brynn's "presents" so I went around and had to tell all the moms that their children should get out of the pool. Needless to say, NONE of the moms or kids were too happy with us.

Melissa said...

Oh NO!!! Stacey that's an terrible story.... we start swim lessons next Saturday - I'll prepare for the worse... It'll only get better for you next time!

arnesona said...

Awww.... is all that I can think of!! Better luck next time:)